1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Take me to your leader"

Discussion in 'Technology & Science' started by chaz, 25 January 2014.

1. chaz

chaz Active Member

If you came face to face with a real alien creature, what would you say to 'it' or would you run for your life?

I like to think I would offer a hand of friendship, but what a real alien looks like might be just too scary for words. Depends I guess what it says or does to me. !?
  2. Spellbound

Spellbound Scourge of the Steely Moon

If they managed to get here against the laws of physics they would have much better technology than us, so we'd better be as friendly as possible.:eek:
  3. Raptor

Raptor ~Impossible Dragon~ Site Supporter

Convince him that I, the true leader of planet earth, was ousted by the evil politicians that currently rule (shouldn't take too much convincing) and get his planets assistance to take back what is rightfully mine and form an intergalactic alliance.
  4. eroticwriter

eroticwriter I have lived, believe me!

but is it good in bed
  5. Spellbound

You are obssessed with bed recently....
  6. Prometheus

Prometheus Active Member

I'd offer up my hand in friendship and say "Mr Cameron, it's really good to meet you....."
    Spellbound likes this.
  7. inPA

inPA Well-Known Member Site Supporter

What if they're unisexual beings that don't have sex or know anything about it?
  8. Prometheus

Prometheus Active Member

I had an ex like that.....
  9. Jamie

Jamie Bite Me!

Really?
  10. Spellbound

Speed of light and all that good stuff.
  11. Jamie

Jamie Bite Me!

I'm not sure I understand, Are you saying that with the law of physics it is impossible for another race from another wold to reach us?
  12. Spellbound

As far as we know, it is not possible to travel at the speed of light, or even close to it. The distance to the nearest star system is 4 light years, so just to reach that star it would take more than 4 years travelling time. And there are no habitable planets there, so no aliens either. Most stars are thousands or even millions of light years away, so the travelling time makes it impossible to get there. So I used shorthand to describe the practical difficulties of inter-stellar travel. Just blame Einstein.
    Jamie likes this.
  13. Jamie

Jamie Bite Me!

14. chaz

chaz Active Member

This implies that we are alone and I just don't buy that. Maybe we are in this universe, but there are thousands, maybe millions of universes out there in the infinity of space and that might mean there are beings that are far superior creatures than we are. I also remain open minded about UFOs and the evidence (cave drawings for one)that such beings have already been here. I reckon there is more to space than meets the eye!
  15. Jamie

Jamie Bite Me!

I agree, I just can't believe we are alone in the infinity we call space.

Now, take me to your leader!
  16. Spellbound

I didn't mean to imply that there are no other intelligent life forms in the universe; far from it, there's probably loads of it, but they're most likely so far away that we'll never meet them.
    I don't really buy that 'evidence'; there are other interpretations, I think.

But, that's only based on what we know now......
    Jamie likes this.
  17. Matty

Matty Impossible Princess

I was thinking that as well. :X3: